Page Plus Cellular - It's a rip off

Nov 14, 2008
review #141734

Page Plus Cellular is a rip off.They took my minutes even when I wasn't using my phone.The company make it sound all good because it supposed to be unlimited all day.It also takes a 1.99 a day but it took the money off my account even when I wasn't using the phone.When I called the company they told me that on the card it says it takes the money off when your not using it don'ts.You pay your money for this service and you get ripped off.So please consumers if you don't want to get ripped off don't buy their service

9511e57
Had an experience with Page Plus Cellular?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions

Feb 05, 2013

This company is a piece of ***. You cant get ahold of anybody. Im only here to tell you DONT do business with these ***. I've never done business with these people but some *** how they charged me 4 times. I dont have a cellphone with them, Ive never spoke to any of them, and you bet their *** I will file a lawsuit for fraud. *** ***. Again, don't do any business with these people!

Alice

Jul 16, 2012

I am considering Page Plus I would like to hear some current comments/complaints

Dave

Dec 13, 2012

I don't know about corporate but Page Plus CA renews my plan manually so I'm always good to go come first of the month.

Aldous Furlong

Jul 16, 2012

I love Page plus. The service is impeccable and I've never had a problem refilling my account. Maybe you guys should learn what you are doing before you go on an online tirade disparaging a perfectly great company, that only tries to save you money.

effintott

May 11, 2011

:( page plus pissses me off! my phone got turned off the day before the bill was due! so iwaited until the day after it was supposed to be due so they would trick me into some bull.&& yett my phone is yet too work! icalled customer service for help && all they tell me to do is turn my phone off for 5mins! smh my phone was off for 1hr and still has not worked! smh they wont even put my money back on my account! ughh A**holes

KE

Apr 17, 2011

no doubt about it cutomer service for pp stinks BUT for $45 a month im not complaining. left verizon 6 months ago and have had no dropped calls and am using my droid which i brout over from verizon. thank god i only signed a one year contract with them. bottom line is sure i miss unlimited 3g internet but im saving $50 a month and am usually in a wifi hot spot.

capt carl

Mar 10, 2011

YES ,,, PAGE PLUS HAS THE ABSLUTE WORST EVER CUSTOMER SERVICE,,, I HATE THEM,, ALWAYS HAVE TO B E ON HOLD FOR ATLEAST 15 OR 20 MINS. THEN THEY MOST LIKELY WONT FIX THE PROBLEM... I WOULD LOOK FOR ANOTHER CARRIER.....STAY AWAY FROM THESE GUYS..

A.G.

Jan 25, 2011

I love Page plus!!!! I joined as of 10-01-10 and left Verizon and all the b.s. overage rates!! ppc has totally changed their system, instead of putting your monthly plan on there as a cash balance they now put it on there as a stacked card so you don't run into those data overage rates or the roaming!! i get the verizon coverage for the page plus price! Yea customer service is a little rude but who cares when ur saving 50 bucks a month!! And they can use any verizon phone except blackberry and verizon prepaid! i have the droid on their network and get the internet i just have to make sure i turn my data connection off when im done!!! Give it a try but as a consumer know what product u r purchasing before u buy!!!!

Matt

Dec 03, 2010

The double charged me and I called in and after waiting 35 minutes to talk to someone, the person I spoke to was extremely rude and I asked to speak to the supervisor and she hung up on me. No one would help me and I had to dispute the charge with my bank to get my money back. Run away.

Mary

Dec 03, 2010

The actual cell service is glitchy...lots of insufficient funds messages and blocked and dropped calls when you have the unlimited plan. If you call you wait on hold forever and if the person doesn't know how to help you they just put you back on hold and then eventually hang up on you. The people they have answering phones are completely incompetent. Worst service ever.

great service

Sep 17, 2010

The best service you can get for the lowest price! Yes the customer service is rude and arrogant but that's why you avoid them by going through an authorized dealer like kittywireless.com kittywireless dot com. they are amazing. They can do everything for you need to do for customer service issues and it's usually cheap or free. Every time i've called page plus directly. The guy has been very unhelpful and rude! once i found kitty i've had no problems. So just use a dealer and you'll save money and time. Can't beat pp

Valerie

Sep 02, 2010

Page Plus is a RIPP OFF!! They double bill you and then refuse to give your money back. Customer NO SERVICE is very rude. I paid my bill on August 21, 2010 and they cut my phone off on Sept.2, 2010, the reason was that I used to much data and they were unable to charge my account again. The problem with that lie is that my phone does not have that feature. When asking to speak to a supervisor they hang up on you. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THESE CROOKS!

Slim

Aug 16, 2010

I gave page plus a try as a favor to my local dealer! The phone itself is fine, its the service I am not happy with! I deal with dropped calls daily and when trying to make a call am told I have a zero balance! I pay for the unlimited talk and text, I should never have a zero balance!! I will be going back to cricket as soon as I can, they are just as cheap and have better phones and customer service!! If your calls are important to you I would stay away fro Page Plus!!

0 0 Reply
Yup i got shafted by their loo

Aug 15, 2010

Yeah they have a loop hole for customers that replenish their unlimited plan before the old one expires. Its called "data" according to the customer rep. "You had an incoming picture message that went over your data limit and charged you $.03 cents and since you purchased your "Unlimited Plan" THE DAY BEFORE your plan was set to expire, we just take from what on your account instead of stopping the data transfer. Then we dont even send you a txt telling you that you are over your limit, we just drain your money while you think your plan is renewed."

This might be in fine print, but that is SCAM. That loop hole is a rip off even if it is legal and documented. Its still a rip off and they will be loosing me as a customer, i will also advise my ENTIRE network of over 20,000 people in the state of Ohio NOT to do business with them over this.

officer m

Aug 06, 2010

i have a love hate relationship with page plus. my local dealer is a great guy he is just overwhelmed. customer service is good but it takes FOREVER toget a hold of a person. The website works well though. As for the phones, you get what you pay for. You cant really complain about a $60 refurbished phone with no strings attached. If you want new pay the Big companies get into a contract and pay for minutes. Until we consumers all tell At&T, Verizon, Sprint etc to take a flying leap they will continue to charge the way they do. Think if 35% iPhone users just quit the service, Apple would be forced to make a version for other carriers. But like most american consumers, we go along with the BS we are sold.

PPC Dealer

Jun 18, 2010

I am a PagePlus Dealer and I sincerely regret becoming one as I do not have any special treatments, meaning I have to go through Customer Service just like everyone else to get stuff done. The only things I can do is buy phones at wholesale price, activate, and replenish. THAT IS ALL. I've lost many clients because PP says they can port numbers, when I have yet to see that really happen. Customer Service is horrible and beware if you get a phone that was not flashed/programmed properly by them, because they will hesitate to honor their warranty policy even when it's their fault.

J.R.

May 09, 2010

I suggest that if you are considering Page Plus Cellular that you pass on buying your phone from them. Instead look for mildly used phones on Craigslist where you can pick them up cheap. Even better, if you know a Verizon customer who has just gotten a new phone upgrade buy their old phone if it is in good condition. They must be Verizon phones and don't buy Blackberries, Palms, HTC's or Verizon Prepaid phones. Personally I'd recommend LG phones like the LG enV and LG Dare. They work very well on PPC. With respect to other Verizon phones look up the reviews online at the CNET website before you buy and only pick up phones that are reviewed as very good or excellent and you should be fine.

0 0 Reply
Some of you people are unbelie

May 09, 2010

I can't believe some of the people who complain about Page Plus Cellular Service. Folks you have to read the terms of service for what you are getting into. Obviously many of the complainers have not and that's why you have the problems you do. It's due to your own ignorance plain and simple. This company is not a scam and you prove your ignorance when you claim that.

I've been a PPC customer since October 2009. I have the 1200 minutes, 1200 texts, 50 mb data plan for only $29.95/mo and I have it set up on auto pay. Never had any problems. The cell service is really Verizon Wireless and they have the best nationwide coverage. How could anyone possibly complain about that.

I consider myself to be very fortunate to be a Page Plus Cellular customer and I'd recommend them to anyone.

calcutta

Apr 20, 2010

:cry guys all of youll are full of it i've had two month service with these people and havent had one problem i bought the 1200 plan and didnt even use the whole thing and for the price what more can you not ask for but one issue came accross with me is they cut my web off at 35 mb i only got to use the 15 mb and i was mad but they only support pageplus phones so im going to buy me one of there phones all i need is a clear call .

pageplus user

Apr 20, 2010

I have been using pageplus for 3 years. Some of there customer service people really suck,but I really haven't had any major problems. I of course only email one specific tech there,which really knows her *** and can have me going in no time. I don't know why so many people say they suck? By the way,they resell verizon wireless network,your on verizons network when you use pageplus,but it cost way less.

1-20 of 35 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Page Plus Cellular.
Filing a new complaint about
×